MI Entrepreneurship Score Card - 2014 Edition
The Michigan Entrepreneurship Score Card – 2014 Edition
reports a dramatic uptick in the metrics that support a robust entrepreneurial environment and a number of other positive trends in Michigan's business climate. This edition of the Score Card marks the 10th publication of key metrics being tracked in all 50 states regarding achievements related to entrepreneurship. This is arguably the most well-researched and complete annual report of its kind.
See extraordinary achievements that Michigan has made in relation to our Entrepreneurial Climate, Entrepreneurial Change and Entrepreneurial Vitality. Get a downloadable copy of the Score Card at http://www.MiQuest.org
More on MiQuest
The GLEQ Business Plan Competition is one of the programs run by MiQuest, a statewide organization who's mission is to Ignite, Unleash and Promote a Culture of Entrepreneurship.
Find out more about MiQuest at http://www.MiQuest.org
Also, MiQuest will be continuing the long tradition of publishing a monthly calendar of events and opportunities for the entrepreneurship community. Sign up and begin receiving a comprehensive and timely presentation of what will be happening in the entrepreneurship space in Michigan.
MiQuest's Venture Drive
This lean, gain-traction-quickly competition will help companies from any industry that are experiencing challenges launching into a growth phase of business development to connect with experts, investors and get media exposure while crossing the chasm.
This fun, interactive program allows all participants to show what's compelling about their business and accelerate movement into their growth phase.
Venture Drive is in full swing now and will be announcing finalists at the Michigan Celebrates Small Business event May 7 who will then be showcasing their ventures at the MiQuest conference in Ypsilanti on May 19.
GLEQ Awards for Spring 2014 Competition
The spring GLEQ Business Plan Competition concluded on Tuesday, June 17, with our morning awards event at the Eagle Crest Conference Center in Ypsilanti. MiQuest announced seven micro-loan and cash award winners and offered 20 top participants complimentary admission to the Michigan Growth Capital Symposium. Thank you to the event and innovation award sponsors that made this celebration a success. The winners announced on Tuesday morning include:
New Business Idea
- 1st Place – Movellus Circuits, $25,000
- 2nd Place – SurClean, $15,000
- 1st Place – GENOMENON, $5,000
- 2nd Place – Exo Dynamics, $2,500
Top 20 Competition Participants and Presenters
- Automation Alley Advanced Manufacturing – SurClean, $12,500
- NextEnergy Advanced Energy – Optimal Process Technologies, $10,000
- MSU Bioeconomy Institute Green Technology – Ecovia Renewables, $5,000
- AQUAterra System, Edward Kim
- ArborWind, LLC, Dilip Nigam
- Blaze Medical Devices, LLC, Michael Tarasev
- LogiCoul Solutions, David Stout
- DataSpeaks Health Solutions, Inc., Dennis Nash
- Exo Dynamics, Mushir Khwaja
- Functional Fluidics, Patrick Hines
- GENOMENON, Mark Kiel
- Micro-LAM Technologies, LLC, Deepak Ravindra, PhD
- Monarch Antenna, Inc., Randall Dence
- Movellus Circuits, Muhammad Faisal
- New Aegis Corporation, Paul Bruno
- PHASIQ, Inc., Sachin Shah
- Renditus, Chad Forester
- Shock EngineWorks, Inc., Pablo Parraga-Ramirez
- SkySpecs, LLC, Danny Ellis
- SurClean, Inc., Susan Sprentall
- VisionBoards.co, Natalia Petraszczuk
- Warmilu, LLC, Grace Hsia
- Wave Aircraft, Inc., Perry DiClemente